Reasons to go to Wargame shows??

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by dashing blade » Sat May 21, 2011 5:39 am

If you want to make wargames shows more attractive to ladies,

Then either twin the wargames show with a spa weekend and skip the wargames bit.
OR go to the first day of the sales when clothes shopping, the wife asures me its like a battle ground in there!

I think its a big leap from painting nails to painting figures :) That and the fact ladies tend to find handsome blokes with manners ,and large bank accounts more attractive than men who can quote D.B.A. rules and smell like billingsgate fish market!
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:20 am

I have gone into print about this subject once or twice with tongue lodged only a smidge in my cheek. I was then subjected to the Neil Lennon treatment from the great unwashed who wanted me flayed alive and rolled in salt for daring to question their choice in:

1. T shirts
2. Hygiene
3. Social skills
4. Facial hair
5. accessories (bags)
6. tonnage
7. spending patterns

I have up to this point dodged the Fatwa by cunningly disguising myself at shows... as a woman :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat May 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Nothing like a good Fartwah to clear the air. Just before Christmas I actually saw a potential "Customer" who fitted the above description being evicted from Static Games in Glasgow. He had a rucksack that wouldn't have allowed Kate Moss to pass in the aisle if she had held her breath and to top it off, he had a rolled up poster protruding from it that either poked someone in the eye or knocked something off the shelf every time he turned around.

I think it was the latter that finally snapped Spencer's patience.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun May 22, 2011 12:15 pm

barr7430 wrote: ... by cunningly disguising myself at shows... as a woman :wink:
So that was you in the burkha?

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.