F.O.W. and Wargames illustrated

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

F.O.W. and Wargames illustrated

Post by dashing blade » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:38 pm

In an idle moment, i noticed that F.O.W have a lot of input in Wargames Illustrated (for obvious reasons) and even though the scope for WWII armies and battles is rather large,i can see a limit to what people will be willing to collect. Its seems that they have new minatures out every month. Its good that the hobby can support this!
This made me think maybe they'll branch out to WW1 / Napoleonics/ A.C.W etc. I'm not knocking F.O.W. they have written some very good articles on WWII and Veitnam,and all power to their commitment. Just wondering where their next move will be :?:
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: F.O.W. and Wargames illustrated

Post by flick40 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 pm

You can join their discussion board on the website and see whats being said. They've already done a supplement for Vietnam. I think the next focus will be pacific theater once they exhaust the european one.

Joe
Juan Mancheño
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: F.O.W. and Wargames illustrated

Post by Juan Mancheño » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 am

That´s the idea: The Pacific. Their Vietnam supplement is very interesting, but limited, in my opinion; Vietnam is a very good period for a skirmish game.

On the other hand, FOW has revitalized the Wargames Illustrated magazine.

Juan