An imposter! And yet another wargames blog...

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

An imposter! And yet another wargames blog...

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Greetings one and all.

I've just noticed another Duke of Plaza-Toro joined the forum on the 11th August this year! I've no idea who this imposter is (perhaps one of the many illegitimate offspring the Duke is rumoured to have fathered around the flesh pots of Europe) but I'm sure if he ever posts anything we can both come to an amicable arrangement :D (so long as he doesn't ask me for child support...)

Meanwhile - I have taken the plunge and started a blog.

Yes, yes, I know, every man and his wargaming dog has a blog these days - it's all so self indulgent, but like most others the intention is just to help me stay focused on projects by acting as an occasional diary. If on the way a smattering of you choose to drop in and read about what the Duke is up to - so much the better and you will of course be most welcome.

It's beginnings are humble (a first post on my Wars of the French Revolution French National Guard battalion and a couple of quick shots of some of my 1:3000 naval stuff) - so be gentle with me! I've added some links that will be very familiar to a few of you, and now I'm a 'proper' blogger I'm going to start stalking... err I mean 'following' some of you in the approved manner.

It's called - World Crisis in Miniature and you will find it here - http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your time.

Salutations
DPT
(John)
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
quindia
General
General

Re: An imposter! And yet another wargames blog...

Post by quindia » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Added to my blog roll (ever time you post it will add an update on the sidebar of my blog).

Nice job on the Revolutionary War French!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm

John,

I thought that was you re registering.... are you serious? is it someone else? :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 pm

I thought that you were really good in the carry on movies
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Following your blog, it's gotten off to a great start.
Cheers
Dave
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 am

Thank you gentlemen - most gratifying! And many thanks for the links and 'follows'. I'm not terribly techie, and I'm slowly working out what all the various bits and bobs can do on a blog and how they interact - if any one has any recommendations or constructive criticisms I will be glad to hear them.
barr7430 wrote:John,

I thought that was you re registering.... are you serious? is it someone else? :shock:
He uses an avatar and signature that are not of my doing Barry :D I suppose it got through because he didn't include the hyphen between Plaza and Toro so he would have had no idea he was 'stealing' my identity! I'm sure his intentions were honourable :D
j1mwallace wrote:I thought that you were really good in the carry on movies
"Infamy! Infamy! Somebody's got it in for me!" Funny that you should post that Jim as I was just about to ditch Kenneth Williams as an avatar and replace him (for consistency) with the picture of the haughty gentleman on my blog - however if most of you have become 'accustomed to his face' I will keep Kenneth on the LoA forum.

Cheers everyone
DPT
(John)
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

John,

by the picture the guy uses I would say he's your grandfather :wink: :mrgreen:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.