Crisis 2012 (Antwerp) picture report

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Crisis 2012 (Antwerp) picture report

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Just posted my picture report from Crisis 2012 on my blog:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/20 ... re-report/

There are well over 40 pictures there (and all are linked to larger versions).

Enjoy,

Burkhard
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Crisis 2012 (Antwerp) picture report

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Very nice pictures. Thanks
Greg
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 pm

the lack of wargamers in them is also quite nice as I have met very few who are at all photogenic

I have reposted links to this to encourage the locals as its nose cold seasen in cold damp land at the moment & they need it.

:evil: Ginger
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Thank you guys!

@Ginger: Yes I know... And looks are not the worst things. Imhave stood next to two or three gentlemen yesterday who did not smell too well either! :shock:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Burkhard,

sorry I missed you! Really enjoyed the show and thanks for the name check and picture of my daughter Emma looking bored! (just before she went shopping and bankrupted me!)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Post by PaulMc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Great pics Burkhard! Looked like a good show.

That picture of Emma had me laughing, although "looking bored" is a bit of an understatement. She looked about ready to lapse into an ennui induced coma. Her shopping spree was clearly her method of payback Barry. :lol:
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 am

Glad you both liked the photos! (Shall I edit Emma out though?)

The funny thing is... I was just looking for you Barry and when I did not see you around any of the tables, I thought you had to cancel. Only when I edited the photos yesterday, did I recognize your minis.

Cheers,

Burkhard
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 am

Actually Burkhard,

Emma was not too bored. She spent the morning sifting the 'sad wargamey types' from the 'hot talent' which she said there appeared to be far more of in Antwerp than at UK shows! I then had to play the role of Guardian of My Daughter's Honour! She and her Mother only went bag hunting at 1pm! I met many people who I spoke to last year at the show. A few Dutch clubs... the young fellows who are into BLB and had the Fantasy Siege game on, some German gamers from Heidelberg, the Alde Garde.. Jan and chums, a nice chap from Munster called Adrian, some French gamers from last year, The Red Barons of Gent who I must say did the most civilized wargaming I had seen in years, getting through 3 bottles of red, champagne and beer at hte next table to ours. My wife wanted to know why my games were NOT like that! Carl and Henk from that group were particularly informative on Belgian history which was delightful. Good input from Patrick R and his knowledgable friend from TSA who explained that Holland's 17th century greatness was ENTIRELY the result of a migration of talent from Antwerp to Amsterdam to escape Spanish oppression! A view not held by the Dutch I am told! So, Holland is Belgium by proxy 8)
The games were of a great standard as your pictures illustrate. Some nice UK games... Crawley Club's was fantastic.. a SELWG winner I understand. Overall a cracking day, even the rather shabby, ex docklands warehouse venue had a certain chic with its riverside spot directly adjacent to the Scheldt. (I am told on the site of a 16th century wooden bridge across the river built by the local Spanish warlord and attacked several times by the Dutch including an incident with fire ships!)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford