BIG NEWS

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Cajun
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cajun » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:25 pm

I got the July 2009 issue a couple of days ago and very well-pleased. I'm a bit miffed why I haevn't received the box of minis I selected with the subscription as it said that you will receive them either with your first issue or within 28 days of ordering, neither of which occured. But the magazine is tops.

I sent an e-mail to customer service before receiving this issue and got an automatic reply saying they would be back to me in early July. we'll see.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 pm

What's all the fuss guys. Buy the mag or don't.

In over 35 years of wargaming I've bought virtually every copy of all commercialy available wargames magazines. I've never had one yet where there was not something interesting that made the magazine worth the money.

Just a very brief negative note. Sometimes articles may have weak or in some cases inaccurate or opinionated content, misleading maps, lumpish figures, dip and shake painting or even poor editting. Did I just write that!

However I am happier to look at the plus side and on that note every mag has upped the ante over the last few years, one sparking off the other. Today we get well written and beautifully presented magazines with breathtaking photographs. Some of the themed editions give us reference quality material which they are able to do with a twenty page special article.

So I'd like to say thanks to the article writers and photographers, the figure manufacturers, the editors and publishers as well as my local newsagent in Kirriemuir and the postmen who deliver subscriptions. And all for a few pounds a mag. We get a bargain with every purchase.