Newly published articles- Dec 2005

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Newly published articles- Dec 2005

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:31 am

I have articles appearing in two magazines this month.

1. ASCENDING SCALES : an overview of vehicles available to use with 28mm WW2 miniatures and how compatible/ non compatible they are.

This is in Wargames Illustrated along with photos accompanying two other articles by other authors.

2. POLES APART : Wargaming and collecting a 1939 Polish Army which appears in the US based Historical Miniature Gaming Magazine.

I'm pleased about that and would just like to mention to any of you who read them that I wrote both articles 18 months ago so if any of the critique/comparisons within the text seem slightly 'behind the game' it is not that I am living in a time warp but merely that the publishing dates appear to have slipped a little!!

I will post non illustrated versions of both articles in the Warchest over the next couple of weeks.

B :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Ascending scales

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Barry , I read this last night and it was for me the most helpful article I've read for a while. The comments on decals and scale comparisons in general were really useful.

I wnet the Corgi route myslef for WWII and Vietnam because they were reasonably priced and well made. The Solido vehicles are great value for money and also convertible for WWI , Prohibition Wars and Back of Beyond type games.

And I've still got those two Tiger tanks you painted up for me !

thanks again
Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:56 pm

Thanks Peter! much appreciated.

I also produced a compari-table cross referencing figures to vehicles. For some reason it seems to have gotten lost in transit to WI. I will post thisin the Warchest with the article :D

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:27 am

Finally received a couple of copies of HMG#4 this morning from Editor Don Perrin (thanks Don). The Polish article has come out very well and Don used several pictures I sent him to accompany the article. HMG is turning out to be a good quality mag - 80 pages , full colour (or is that color!) retailing at $7US

Maybe only available by sub in the UK.

Henry Ford