a different approach to touring.....

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
chrisbrown

a different approach to touring.....

Post by chrisbrown » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Anybody interested in joining a radically different sort of battlefield tour through northern Europe? Small group, busy schedule and not, perhaps for the faint-hearted, but an opportunity to see a great deal in a short space of time. Details from me or from http://www.warbus.co.uk
We'll be spending whole days (from early morning) at several sites - Arnhem, Leipzig, Normandy and others - lots of fun so long as you like battlefields....otherwise not so great.
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: a different approach to touring.....

Post by dashing blade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Will there be beer :?: :D
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

dashing blade wrote:Will there be beer :?: :D
Do bears .... .. ... ....?
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
kippax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by kippax » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm

no bears don't drink beer...
"Stupid Boy"
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 am

Bryce
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:24 am

:lol:

Looks like no one in that restaurant stayed for desert!
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by dashing blade » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:51 am

Well the Bear faced cheek! :roll:
Lovely view....its that Wigan :?:
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)
chrisbrown

Post by chrisbrown » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 am

dashing blade wrote:Will there be beer :?: :D
If there's no beer, I'm not going...and I'm the organiser. The idea is to have an intensive bit of battlefield-bashing and historiographical debate.....OF COURSE there will be beer.
As a fairly well-qualified historian (Ph. D., widely published, University teaching, peer reviewed etc) I'm not so sure that the historiological god/lancashire evidence is so slim as all that...best chipshops, some fine curry-houses and Greenall Whitley mild all occurrring in the same location; sheer chance? irreducible complexity? Darwinian evolution? The www.warbus.co.uk policy is 'let's tackle the hard questions!'
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by dashing blade » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am

Good man Chris!
The tours sound like a good idea,just have to convince the wife.
p.s.
Whilst all these things about Lancashire are true,lets not forget a winning cricket team :D,Chorley cakes,Eccles cakes( and by God sir,if you want gravy or curry sauce on your fish,they'll do it and no dirty looks) As for God...well I am told you'll find him in "The Musketeer" on Lord St most afternoons.
chrisbrown

Post by chrisbrown » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

The March 2012 tour should be great fun. If you've checked out the website you'll know that it is a fair bit of dosh, but we will get to a lot of places and have a decent amount of time on site in a reasonable time frame. I think it's pretty good value for money....however....there is enough flexibility to offer a discount for group bookings - email me chris@warbus.co.uk for more info.
God/Lancashire evidence; being Scottish, cricket is a mystery to me, but what I believe theologians call 'the Eccles Cake Postulation' is a major contribution to the debate. Although I have been to Chorley several times I am, tragically, unaware of a Chorley Cake...why has this knowledge been deined to me!
dashing blade wrote:Good man Chris!
The tours sound like a good idea,just have to convince the wife.
p.s.
Whilst all these things about Lancashire are true,lets not forget a winning cricket team :D,Chorley cakes,Eccles cakes( and by God sir,if you want gravy or curry sauce on your fish,they'll do it and no dirty looks) As for God...well I am told you'll find him in "The Musketeer" on Lord St most afternoons.