Historical miniature collector, non-historical use

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
lord marcus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Historical miniature collector, non-historical use

Post by lord marcus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 am

Hello everyone. I recently registered here. I collect Napoleonic and WSS miniatures, as well as Sci-fi and Fantasy.

However, the only historical war-games I play are dependent on my local historical's club, mainly DBA and FoW.

As such, I have applied my collections to my science fiction armies. Mainly my Rebel faction from the upcoming game Warpath by Mantic Games.

I wanted to post this to avoid any negative remarks when I post pictures, as my models paint jobs are not historically accurate even though I know exactly how to paint them correctly as I am a major history buff in both periods.

Again, the painting scheme were deliberate and I just wanted to post this as an intro and to dispense with any possible negative reception.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Historical miniature collector, non-historical use

Post by CoffinDodger » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Your Lordship,

You worry too much. Most of us just like looking at pictures of wee sodjers. A hearty welcome to the site and I, for one, look forward to your images.

Regards,

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
lord marcus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Historical miniature collector, non-historical use

Post by lord marcus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 am

My good sir Coffindodger,

Indeed, you may be right. however one can never be too careful. Especially since some historical modellers get too uptight about accuracy.

Regards,

Maxwell