Top 10 things to do with drums.except play them
/Drums on diorama bases.
1) Place the drum upright on a command base and drape a bit of paper or cloth on top. This can be then painted to look like a map or a newspaper.
2) Place the drum in the ground in front of a base of figures. The enemy has seen your troops advancing and have routed leaving their drums.
3) Place the drum upright and balance muskets or pikse etc. against it. Camp scene!
3) Drape regimental colors over the drum...Drumhead mass! Preacher behind etc...
4) Sink the drum well into the groundwork on the base and have a sitting or standing figure put a foot on the drum. (Napoleon Foundry set
5) Put a bit card on top of the drum and paint a or photocopy a chessboard onto it. Two seated figure-playing chess (Barry did this in the Crimea project)
6) glue a bit paper to the skin on the drum and have it sticking out to look like a burst drum skin.
7) Have a figure falling over a drum wounded.
Have the drum being presented to an officer as a trophy of war. I'm doing this just now on my Austrian command base.
9) The drum as a seat. Have a figure sit on a drum.
10) And really struggling now.... have a figure playing it