Sending PMs

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Sending PMs

Post by Cheriton » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello:

Refresh me please, how do PMs function here? I thought I had this all down a couple of year ago. I have sent three PMs, to two different people on LoA, in the last 48+ hours.

They still sit in my Outbox, unread by the recipients as far as I can tell. One was in response to someone who asked a question by PM days ago and, presumably, believes I have simply not bothered with the courtesy of a reply to him? :?

Did I miss a "button" or a "switch" somewhere? I know I have succeeded before, there are sent letters PMs (with replies) from as far back as 2011.

At sea in the ether...

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Sending PMs

Post by Cheriton » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:06 pm

All:

I received the following:
Is his box full? You have to manually retrieve stuff if the box is full. Usually tells you as you log in.
I seem to recall (please correct me if not) that the messages do stay in your "Outbox" until the recipient notices the "New Mail" notice on his login screen and does the fetching.

Cheers,

Michael

~ Shakespeare
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Sending PMs

Post by Cheriton » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello:

Update for the curious here, the PMs in question have, overnight, moved form my "Outbox" to "Sent" implying they have been fetched as I surmised below. :D

Cheers,

Michael
Cheriton wrote:All:

I seem to recall (please correct me if not) that the messages do stay in your "Outbox" until the recipient notices the "New Mail" notice on his login screen and does the fetching.

Cheers,

Michael

~ Shakespeare