I'm working on a simple ACW rules

covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

I'm working on a simple ACW rules

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm doing them in 40mm, at 1:10 scale, but they are kinda made for very simple games, catering to children young people and slightly dumb and simple adults like my self.

The game is realy brigade level, each side as about a brigade mabye with arty suport.

This means each side has about 3-7 regiments/battalions with varing size from about 20 to in theory 100 figures, but most will be 20-60 figures the way I base them a 48 figure regiment would take 40cm frontage. This means that if you have 5 48 regiments you have a frontage of 200cm this means your brigade covers almost the enitre length of a 6 foot table.

The Idea is to let people use old plastic figures, big 54mm plastics, 40mm, 28mm, ect big figures. Since this is brigade vs brigade, the table dosn't have much acerge, if you say a 600 man battalion takes up 200 metes, that means the table is only about 800 meters wide, and only about 400 meters deep if 4 feet deep) that means in theory the game can start with units shooting at eachother since the maximum range of a rifled musket was 400-500 yards. But effective was less then 200.

I'm also gone make artillery rules, you can have on table or offtable artillery, ontable will probebly always fire canister since the table is only 400 meters deep, but offtable can fire 1600-2000 yards.

I'm gonna make two types of battles, one is a zoomed in part of a bigger battle, so you might fight a brigade battle as part of a big ACW battle at gettysburg og Shiloh, the other is advance/rear guard battle, here you might have dismounted cav meeting other dismounted cav.

I hope to put alot of roleplaying in the game.