TYW Flags to download

For topics related to wargaming in the period 1600-1660
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

TYW Flags to download

Post by nevermore » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 am

Another 5 flags of the 30 Years War has now been added to the website, these are free and designed to fit on a pike and are as always on a A4 sheet and set at 200 dpi you give you a good quality printout, each week more will be added to the range.

malc

MILITIA FLAG OF THE SAXON ARMY

Eugenio von Savoy
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: TYW Flags to download

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 am

Malc
Excellent work. :shock:
Please advise what is the software package you are using to create the flags and how do you get the 'furle' of the flag? Is it a transparent layer?
To date I have been using the MS Photodraw for mine and have reasonable results but yours are something else.

Regards
Tim
LASWWG
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: TYW Flags to download

Post by nevermore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 am

Sorry for taking so long in a reply been very busy...ok..get photoshop element 7 and another program called Serif drawplus x3 should get that one cheap...how do i do it...WOW ! will try and explain as best as i can, but if you get these programs i can easy talk you through it and show you how to create what you want and start you off by MSN or mobile if you live in the UK.

OK download a picture from here https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isc ... 53&bih=890 ...all curtains, don't have to be curtains could be a sheet ... anyway this can be pulled wide creating folds...then you turn it into a black/white photo...you can create tons of grey folds in flags and pick the ones you want and bang them in a folder.
OK next .. got to keep it simple because it can go right over ones head here and you can get losted with what i am saying...lets download a flag off google

like this, could be anyone you want, i created this myself with stars bars ect because i wanted no comes backs to say i stole other peoples work.

ok this was a sheet i pulled wide, i suppose you coukld take a photo of you're own bedsheet if you wanted to...never thought of that till now.

Now the idea is to put these two together, you open both in Elements 7 in boxes called layers, then you scroll down to a button called multipy,.

creates this

All sounds very simple but its not because its a matter of finding other buttons placing these pics in the layers and numbers for size ect...believe me i kicked the dog lots of times with frustration trying to figure out how to create stuff and spents hours on hours getting my head around it..now i even found a faster way of getting it done...really good advice is get these two software and i have no problem helping you create what you want...cus you are gonna need me... 8)

gonna take a picture now of my bed sheet