Donnybrook ECW

For topics related to wargaming in the period 1600-1660
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Donnybrook ECW

Post by Bitbag » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi all - it's a bit of a long winded project - but my efforts to take Donnybrook back to the mid 17th Century are still continuing - latest offerings here!

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/

Many thanks for looking

Andy
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Donnybrook ECW

Post by arthur1905 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Andy,

love your Shaken! markers, I can see me trying to make my markers like this. outstanding work

Mark
Bitbag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Donnybrook ECW

Post by Bitbag » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:04 am

Cheers Mark! To be honest, it's stuff like that that keeps me distracted from painting actual figures for the game! :wink:

It was a bit of a fiddly process - I'd advise getting some figures first and testing them out on the bases for size, then you'll know where to put the writing. It literally was a bit trial by error. I found the background I liked, a bit of word processing etc to get the text on the background, then printed it off. I then used a sharp scalpel/modelling blade to cut out the writing, with enough of a border around the text, then placed this text up onto the sticky side of the sellotape/adhesive tape, before sticking this onto the base. Then I used the knife to cut off the excess sellotape from around the edge of the text, leaving enough to hold it onto the base, if you get the picture. PVA and sand to seal it on, but you have to make sure that the sellotape is firmly down enough on the base to make sure the PVA doesn't run under the tape and paper with the text on it, to ruin it and make it all soggy! I covered the Tape/text area over with blue tac as well, whilst I dry brushed the base, just as a temporary measure against getting any excess paint over the writing!

A bit of a faff, but if people like your good self are liking them, then it's very humbling to think all the work was worth it! Thanks for the kind comments! ( and I think they look a tad nice as well! 8) )

Cheers, and let me know if you ever need any more advice

Andy.

( I've just added a post about my NMA faction Hero as well btw!....)