WIP Brunswick Division

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Heneborn
Major
Major

WIP Brunswick Division

Post by Heneborn » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Just a work in progress but I thought I show them anyway! It's the Brunswick division from the hundred days campaign. I'm going to paint up at least one brigade to support my friends british division. He won't stand a chance against my french otherwise. :wink:

The avant-garde battalion (not the right ratio of jägers to light infantry, but it looks good...)

And the first line battalion.

I'm very pleased about how the drum turned out!

The flag for the line battalion is missing (on it's way from GMB though!) and obviously the bases will get a bit more work on them! They are based for Black Powder (sorry Barry! :roll:) so the units are 24 men strong!
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:39 pm

You can use 24-model units for Republic to Empire too! I have infantry units of 24, 30, and 36 in my collection.

:D
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Really nice, I like it alot. Is there any possibility that I can join you in this project? I could rebase my Prussians and upgrade the paint job. It only takes 1 hour from Falkenberg to Gothenburg...

/Oathman
Churchill
General
General

WIP Brunswick Division

Post by Churchill » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Heneborn,

I like these, very nice paint job.I'm doing this division in 15mm using eureka miniatures for my Waterloo Project.

Regards........Ray.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Very nice Andreas!

I finally got round to posting something I have been working on.. it's in the new items.. Sergeant Ewart... pictures of the full regiment to follow
Last edited by barr7430 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks for the nice comments!
oathman wrote:Is there any possibility that I can join you in this project? I could rebase my Prussians and upgrade the paint job. It only takes 1 hour from Falkenberg to Gothenburg...
I actually live in Stockholm nowadays, so it's a few extra kilometres! ;)
What prussians do you have, is it from the hundred days campaign? There's probably no need for rebasing, both BP and R2E is very flexibel regarding basing.
barr7430 wrote:I finally got round to posting something I have been working on.. it's in the new items.. Sergeant Ewart... pictures of the fully regiment to follow
Yes I saw him, very nice! Is the miniature from Perry?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 pm

conversion from a Perry British Life guard
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Aaaargghh and here I was hoping for some serius napoleonic gaming and then you have moved... :? Oohh well returns to the painting table and GNW then.

The prussians can be used for the 100 days campaign. If you want them I can sell them to you since I probably never will use them anyway. If you are interested let me know and I will tell you what I have. The miniatures are from Foundry.

/Oathman