Some 15mm miniatures to GåPå rules!

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some 15mm miniatures to GåPå rules!

Post by oathman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 am

Hi

I have been lurking about on this forum for a while. There are many talanted painters here so I thought that I should show some of my miniatures to. I have been a wargamer for about 20 years now and I think that I am at least a moderat painter. My biggest problem is that I never get satisfied with my bases.

Here I will show some of my miniatures that I have painted and based for the rules GåPå. A bit later in the year me and some friends are going to have a go at napoleonics in 15mm. We are thinking about trying the painting metod Quindia did with some plastic napoleonics. Well I will post here when we have something done.

Any suggestions or comments on my painting are welcomed!

Image Image

In this picture I have made two of the figures my self. Charles XII and Mazepa. I made them in green stuff clay. The diorama is based on a painting done by Gustav Cederstöm 1880.

A work in progress picture

I also have some Highlander units for the jacobite rebellion but I will show them in another post.

Good Gaming!

/Oathman
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 am

Well Oathman!.. I think you are under estimating your abilities!!... you too sre one of those 'talented painters' you have mentioned!
Lovely miniatures... one of my fav periods... let's see more of your lovely work 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Post by PaulMc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:50 am

Ye Gods!

Those are stunning, absolutely stunning. Lovely miniatures and great dioramas too. Who is the manufacturer of the majority of those figures?
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Those are amazing oathman, really lovely work!

I have been looking for figures to make that Mazepa and Karl XII diorama myself (but in 28mm) but have never found any miniatures to fit, and my greenstuff talent is, well limited I guess ;) I really think you do mr Cederströms painting justice!

But where are all the swedish units? I suppose you are aiming for the 1708 - 09 campaign in russia?
Yggdrasil
Yermolov
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Yermolov » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Very nice painting!

PaulMc, most of those figures look to be the 15mm Dixon range if I am not mistaken. The Swedes & Russians in western dress for sure....
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:27 am

As Yermolov has pointed out. The majority of the miniatures are Dixon. Then I have mixed in some Roundway and the cart and horse are from Battlefronts WW2 range.

Heneborn, the swedes are coming. I have 5 bataljons lying and waiting for me to get to them. (at the moment it is Vietnam that takes my painting time.)

/Oathman
Ronan the Librarian
Captain
Captain

Post by Ronan the Librarian » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:20 pm

oathman,

Excellent work! I wish I could get that effect with my own Dixons.
Ssshhhhh!!!!!
prince Repnin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by prince Repnin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 am

Great job!

Very pretty little fellows, especially Strelts! ;-)
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Well at long last I have made some swedish units to GåPå! I have painted up Jönköpings regiment, 2 bataljons. I went for a dark blue on the coats, since all paintings I have seen have a dark colour and I think it looks nice. At the moment I build some terrain to GåPå and Ambush Alley but I will also start painting some light artillery to the Swedes and Russians.

Well here is the pictures:

and here is the second bataljon:

Sorry but I have to put in this lite picture to... it is Prince August models that I have made my self. I am rater pleased about how they came out. Since they are so flat it is hard to get depth on them, but I think that I managed that to some degree.

Will return with some pictures on terrain when I get something done!

Play well/
Oathman
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:09 pm

A quick little uppdate here. My painting time has been reduced a lot now since real life has a tendensy to make an apperance all the time. You could say that work has never been harder than it is now. And my children take some time from me to, but that is at least fun (most of the time).

Well here is the small progress that I have done so far:

First out is charles XII again but this time with a flag:

After this comes some artillery to the swedes:

And last a group picture of my small and slowly expanding force:

My pictures are bad I know but I don't have a good camera yet.

Well good gaming/
Oathman
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Your making good progress there Oathman :D ... soon the blue legions will be marching east again :twisted:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
oathman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oathman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:56 pm

I thougt I should show you some of wat I have done lately. Sorry to say this is not much but I am slowly coming up to speed again. I have had a down period in painting...

Well first of I have painted some more units to my swedes in the GNW. Also I have painted some artillery for my russians, after all I must have lots of firepower to stop the swedes :wink:

Thats all for now.

Happy gaming!

/Oathman