Army Painter Quickshade

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
gonzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gonzo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi,

yes I have tried them on both FoW miniatures (russians and germans) as well as on some testudo TYW miniatures and I am pleased with the way they turned out. One thing I found out was that the end-result is quite dependant shade of the base color. It took some time to figure which shade of the base color gives the best result.

Regards,

Viktor
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat May 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Finally got around to painting the flank companies...

I'll post a finished pic in a day or two when I can get the bases done. The final eight models were painted in two days using the Army Painter Quickshade as before.

This is the first unit in a new division for my Peninsular army! I expect to painting lots of Napoleonics this summer...
Me paints good
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Me paints good » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm

barr7430 wrote:I agonize over this all of the time. Taking 6+ hours to paint a mini to win a painting competition, gather fame as a 'painter' etc is NOT the same as having a nicely painted 2,000 figure wargaming army and being able to put on fantastic games for show or just pleasure.
You were on the verge of blasphemy Barry, blasphemy! :o

For people like me who have a small attention span and as much as I'd want a decent looking 2,000 figure force, I'm much happier with my uber scary nice looking small armies. I just like watching each figure come alive, stroke by stroke.
Coyote
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Coyote » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm the same way. Sure, on the table the miniatures tend to blend together. However, I'm always looking closely at miniatures and like to paint to a higher standard.

Now, the way you are painting your guys is different from the standard dip, since you are adding a layer of highlight. I think this makes a huge different in quality.
Tyler "Coyote" Provick
http://tyler.provick.ca