Battle of Auldearn intro

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Rank Bajin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Battle of Auldearn intro

Post by Rank Bajin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Gents,

been inspired with this site and its many excellent contributers over the last couple of years.

Can't quite work out how to insert the images yet so heres a link to the blog - an ongoing project that a couple of exiled oil-patch scots have on the go.

Included are covenanters painted by me and papist's painted by wee Walter.

http://auldearn1645.blogspot.com/

Any comments from your esteemed selfs, good or bad is much appreciated.

All the best

Roy
[/img]
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Roy, you are a Rank Guid Yin!.. this is beautiful stuff.. the Irish are truly excellent pieces of work. Are you an Oil Man in exile? Do we know each other? Where in Scotland are you from?

Great blog too! Let's see more of your work because I think there are many visitors to this site who will lap it up!

Best From EK (Near Houston, Renfrewshire!) :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Rank Bajin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rank Bajin » Thu May 01, 2008 4:26 am

All credit for the Irish goes to Walter Morrison - from the parish of Aberdeen neck of the woods. The covenanters are mine.

Unfortunately, the whole project is coming down to a painting excercise as Walter is off to India with Shell - though with our rate of painting productivity we'll still not be finished after he does a 3 yr tour!!!

Both of us left Scotland at the start of the ninetys but only met up here in the last couple of years - sheer coincidence we are both geologists working for diffrent companies.

Myself, after a few formative years in the little village of Govan on the clyde, I grew up in Erskine. My folks still live there so I tend to get back quite regular.

Been mostly playing WAB these last few years and met a few guys at the Lenton events (hello Darrell). All has raised my painting standard but the real step up was getting the Foundry paint set.

The leaque stuff has been one of the main inspirations - I remember the days when it was just some Flodden and Pictish stuff - but it got me back into the whole scene.

Keep up the Good Work - I'll keep tryin this end!!!

all the best

Roy
Atheling
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Atheling » Thu May 01, 2008 4:35 pm

Roy's being modest, his stuff is really good as I'm sure you can all tell by taking a peak at his blog 8) .

Hi Roy, good to have you on board mate. I'm quite a recent member too. Actually, funny story, when I first came accross, which was a few years ago I think, The LoA Forums I thought they were private :shock: .

Yep..... I know.... :roll: .

Cheers,

Darrell.
Just Add Water High Quality Painting Service:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Gawalthaufen Blog (Late 15C Warfare):
http://gewalthaufen.blogspot.co.uk/
La Journee Blog (Early 15thC Warfare):
http://lajourney-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Brian
Private
Private

Post by Brian » Thu May 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Roy, top drawer figure painting with real character 8) I will look forward to your blog updates. Always a pleasure to see well painted toys keep up the good work.

Brian
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon.

Napoleon