1st Bn Pskov Infantry Regiment ~ 1812

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:16 am

Jon - Gunter is completely correct; the 'break' date in terms of regimental reorganisation comes on 12 October 1810. Prior to that date, all Musketeer Regiments were composed of 1 x Grenadier + 2 x Musketeer battalions (each battalion being 4 companies of the same 'type' of infantry).

After the break date, all Musketeer regiments were composed of 3 x Musketeer battalions, each battalion containing 1 x Grenadier company (1platoon Grenadiers, 1xplatoon Tirailleurs), + 3 x Musketeer companies.

It's all in Mark Conrad's tranlsation of Vikovatov: http://marksrussianmilitaryhistory.info ... estore.htm

Hope that helps.
Bryce
curassier
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by curassier » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 am

Gentlemen,
Many thanks - crystal clear.
"Greystreak" I sent you a message via the General de Brigade Forum so if you get a moment to look at that I'd be most grateful. Inspirational pictures as ever.
Regards
Jon
Jonathan