French Legere and Russian generals

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

French Legere and Russian generals

Post by Gunfreak » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Finnaly started to get some painting done, the legere has been half painted for months finnaly finished them.

The russian generals have been laying around in their bags for a long time.

I continue to try and make the painting more complex, I used to use two coats on the russian uniforms I now use 3 and even if they 3 colors don't stand out I think it gives more depth, I use a dark coat of black green, then russian green and finnaly highlight of forest green.

The blue that was used on the legere was royal blue, then marine blue and finnaly light blue, I think the light blue is to light, so for the cossack general I exchanged it for wizzard blue, again like the green it's less obvious but it's more subtile and I think looks better.

CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 am

These are beautiful.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Very nice work. Who makes the figures?
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:47 pm

AB miniatures, the only 15mm out there worth painting,(mabye exept Campaign game miniatures)