James' Foot Guard

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
andy thompson
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

James' Foot Guard

Post by andy thompson » Tue May 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Let's see if this works:

Here's my first attempt at linking a photie-buckit picture of some of my toys. The preview looks OK, so I might go a bit mad and add some more.

So, there we are, Front Rank late 17th Century figures with Flag Dude flags painted by yours truly, my first foray into this period. Their counterparts the Garde Te Voet are up next...but don't hold your breath as I haven't finished painting them yet :oops:

Andy
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: James' Foot Guard

Post by Rob Herrick » Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 am

Very nice.

The gentleman in the front rank (no pun intended) looks quite cross and disagreeable and determined to shoot somebody today.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Dilly
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Dilly » Wed May 25, 2011 7:12 am

Very very nice, wish I could paint as well, however where's the Preist ?
You can't leave Dr Stafford off otherwise they won't get their +2 for holy protection ! :lol:
Does anyone if a suitable model is available in 15mm ?
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I bet these guys would never loose if they could figure out how to operate that contraption in the background. It looks very dangerous.
Nice figures BTW :)
andy thompson
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andy thompson » Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm

flick40 wrote:I bet these guys would never loose if they could figure out how to operate that contraption in the background. It looks very dangerous.
Nice figures BTW :)
Arf. That's a whole pile of teeny tiny rare earth magnets waiting to go into the undersides of 1:300 scale aircraft. The cork and stick has a "polarity check" magnet stuck to it so that I get them round the right way when I mount them.

I presume that's somewhat more mundane an explanation than you were thinking/hoping? Sorry :D

And thanks for the nice comments all. I can't believe I forgot to add a Priest. Oh well, further reason to add a 2nd Battalion.

Andy
Atheling
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Atheling » Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 am

Really lovely work Andy!

Be nice to see some shots of them on the battlefield when they get their first outing :) .

Darrell.
Just Add Water High Quality Painting Service:
http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
Gawalthaufen Blog (Late 15C Warfare):
http://gewalthaufen.blogspot.co.uk/
La Journee Blog (Early 15thC Warfare):
http://lajourney-bedford.blogspot.co.uk/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:16 am

very nice unit Andy.. bring on the Blew Guards!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
andy thompson
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andy thompson » Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm

barr7430 wrote:very nice unit Andy.. bring on the Blew Guards!
Thanks, and thanks for the inspiration from this site too. The Blew Guards are on their way, a few slaps of matt varnish this afternoon will complete musketeers 11 to 16, and a flight of Egyptian MiG-19s :shock:

Maybe this time I'll take some decent photos with a sensible background too :oops:

Andy