More Otterburn stuff

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

More Otterburn stuff

Post by Sheepman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 am

Finally the photographs taken by John for Aprils Miniature Wargames magazine have been published and I can now get them on the blog. Truthfully the Editor would have had no problem but I felt it only right to wait until the article was out before putting them on here.

It was a good game on the night with (if I remember rightly) a victory for the Scots!

Firstly the worst picture first, some tramps wandered in and stared at the table, one bugger even had the cheek to sit down!

Various views of the action, English Knights/men at arms:

Scots advance:

The main Battles clash:

The Hobilars sitting it out in the rear:

Most of the stuff is Old Glory, but I see that David Imrie is putting out a range for this period under Claymore Castings, also Flags of War are doing most of the various standards and shield transfers (wish I'd had them when I hand painted everything for Otterburn). They do look very good figures, must resist adding to this lot!
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.