Belzunce Infanterie

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Belzunce Infanterie

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 pm

So I have said sevral times that I can't make old glory look good, I have to say I was wrong.

I've had sevral hundred OG figures laying around for 3 years from a long dead 7YW project. But with Maurice comming out now, I thought, why not try and paint them, as I got them and it wouldn't cost me anything.

I've always thought OG looks kinda weird, they got weired poses and sculpts. I never thought I could paint them, I've always thought I needed HIGH quality 15mm to do a good job, Eureka/AB ect.

But to my suprise these took the paint very well. I went all out with these, the uniform got 3 layers of light grey/off white. Even the metal on the muskets got two layers.

My biggest suprise was the quality of the faces, some of them are better then AB faces.

In the end, the resualt was much better then I ever thought.
Some how, the sculpts that look off or weird singaly, works in a unit.