British Napoleonic Big Stylee

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Darkman
Major
Major

British Napoleonic Big Stylee

Post by Darkman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm

So you’re sat at home bit of a cold (man flu) or recovering from something and you think you do with just one more project.

Well I have been madly painting for the last 6 weeks a large number of Front Rank WSS cavalry (72 out of 90) and Foot and Guns (48 out of 90 infantry and 2 guns) for a large game in 4 weeks time. 75 battalions of foot and 150 squadrons of cavalry.

So I needed to pint something else to stop the tedium setting in. So I brought out some Victrix British I had lying around and started painting some.

Unfortunate as is always the case Maelstrom has a sale on. 25% on certain item. Now I have always wondered what the 54mm figures looked like close up. And then I thought um always fancied a bit of Sharp Practice by TFL.

So here is the first one. Took me about an hour to assemble and paint. And then about 15 minutes touching up after the matt coat.

I like it and feel a bigger order coming on. At almost the same cost as a metal figure and as I have the chance to play on a big table I am looking at a Battalion of 80 figures.