British General's & Brigadier's @ Blenheim 1704

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Churchill
General
General

British General's & Brigadier's @ Blenheim 1704

Post by Churchill » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: British General's & Brigadier's @ Blenheim 1704

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Ray,

They look great. I wonder if Lumley is an antecedent of the lovely Joanna... and if Cutts shouldn't have another consonant in his name? Well, I am am on the French side, aren't I. They wrote a poem about him and part of it went went:

"...he had a *****
'twas inches thick
And he called it Salamander."

Seriously though, I can't wait to see this lot in the flesh so to speak. The Foote bases are particularly well done. I was amazed by your Napoleonic ones when I saw them at Lundin Links last year. You only really appreciate the workmanship when you can physically handle them

Great stuff, Ray.

Orabest,

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by dashing blade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Well up to the usual standard,stunning. You must have a rather large collection by now. Would love to see your troops en masse! Proper eye candy.Rather jealous :mrgreen: hahaha
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)