15mm Russians

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

15mm Russians

Post by valleyboy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 am

I decided to tidy up my Russians and add to them after realising that I didn't really like putting them on the table against my more recent and better painted units. They were the second or 3rd Napoleonic army that I decided to paint many years ago and most are poorly painted minifigs. Pathetic excuse really but it did mean that I could buy more figures as I expanded some old 24 figure battalions into 32 fig strong
A few are a mixture of old AB and BH (in greatcoat) that I decided to rebase and tart up along with around 4 new AB Russians that I've completed in the past 2 months or so

Here are the revamped BH

A new battalion
and another new one

Now spot the stoopid stoopid mistake

And I know jaegers didn't carry flags but mine do - its called wargamers licence :lol:
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: 15mm Russians

Post by flick40 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:13 am

Very nice, even the eagle with vertigo. No worries every ones done it at some point. Easy fix.

Joe
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 am

These are beautiful 15'.
I think as Joe says the mistake can be easely overcome. But I wouldnt mind.

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Cameronian
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Cameronian » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 am

Jealous here tovarisch, I'm struggling to put a brigade together. Great stuff.
"You might well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

http://cameronian-onlyagame.blogspot.com/
http://camcpproj.blogspot.co.uk/