Spanish Army 1670-1700

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Spanish Army 1670-1700

Post by Gunfreak » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:35 pm

chema1986 wrote:Thanks Friedrich Augustus, i have some flags from flags of war... they are stunning ! have gardes françaises, gardes suisses, la couronne and dillon regiment for my slow growing French Army. And the Spanish flags are post 1707 after Philip V reformed the army and abolished the tercio, so i need earlier flags (1670-1707 more or less )
I knew Maverik Flags but haven't seen them already in the pole with miniatures... so I dont know it quality.

Gunfreak thank you
Absolutly wonderfull, fantastic painting, great colors, also cudos for beeing patriotic and doing your own country!!
Of course! hehehehehe despite being and unsuccesfull war for Spain, I like to collect my own country armies of this period because they are rather unique and full of colour.
You could do the italian wars. that you get to paint europe domenating Spanish, and they did hold their own early/mid 80 and 30 years wars.
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by chema1986 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Gunfreak wrote:
chema1986 wrote:Thanks Friedrich Augustus, i have some flags from flags of war... they are stunning ! have gardes françaises, gardes suisses, la couronne and dillon regiment for my slow growing French Army. And the Spanish flags are post 1707 after Philip V reformed the army and abolished the tercio, so i need earlier flags (1670-1707 more or less )
I knew Maverik Flags but haven't seen them already in the pole with miniatures... so I dont know it quality.

Gunfreak thank you
Absolutly wonderfull, fantastic painting, great colors, also cudos for beeing patriotic and doing your own country!!
Of course! hehehehehe despite being and unsuccesfull war for Spain, I like to collect my own country armies of this period because they are rather unique and full of colour.
You could do the italian wars. that you get to paint europe domenating Spanish, and they did hold their own early/mid 80 and 30 years wars.
I would do Italian Wars but i have already 80 and 30 years Spanish armies at 65% 3 tercios of 30 man each , two of them fully painted, 2 squadrons of cavalry, 1 of them painted and a gun battery... I've been busy :P unfortunately I'm in Madrid now and that army is on "parade" in mi hometown. Anyway i photographed the very beginings of my army which are indeed my first 28mm miniatures !!
Glorfindel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Glorfindel » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm

These figures are magnificent. Well done.

Phil
Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Artimas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Chema:

Welcome and thanks for the pictures. Excellent paintwork and basing!

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA