The Battle of Grozny and a thank you

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:37 am

First and most important is a massive thank you to all those people who have donated funds to Combat stress, our new website is 100% committed to the cause and every penny we have collected so far goes to those who need it most.
I must point out we do have a web store with goodies, we try to keep it as cheap as possible and proberly have the cheapest post around to anywhere in the world, for those people who have purchase we thank you very much as this is the funds that goes to Combat Stress.

I like to wish you all a great christmas and a fantasic new year, you have made some people very happy.

OK more photos on the website at http://www.victorian-steel.com/ as always these are stacked in the gallery enjoy.

Grozny - youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9As1H5KFlAc

free uploader

The battle for Grozny, the capital of the small Russian Republic of Chechnya, took place in January 1995.

image uploading

It pitted a hastily assembled and unprepared Russian force against a Chechen force of regulars and guerrillas equipped with Russian weapons and a belief in their cause.

upload a picture

The Chechens held their own for three weeks but eventually lost the city to the Russian armed forces in late January (the Chechens retook the city in August 1996).

upload images

Both sides learned or relearned many lessons of urban combat, most of them the hard way.

screen capture

free photo upload

free photo hosting