Dead Brigadiers

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
amxgill

Dead Brigadiers

Post by amxgill » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Hello,

We have now played a few games using BLB and most of our questions are answered somewhere in these posts. However - what is the impact of losing a Brigadier.

- Do you get a replacement - if so when ?
- Can brigades without Brigadiers be given orders ?

I could not see any disadvantages in the rules of losing a Brigadier - however, I would have thought this would have been quite crippling.

Thanks, Tony
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

The immediate effect of losing a Brigadier is a morale test - failing this could have some dramatic consequences.

As far as a replacement is concerned I would suggest it be game specific. If it was a refight of say Killiecrankie or a section of the Boyne or similar then I'd say no replacement. The brigade would have to maintain they orders that it had at the time of his death. The loss would have affected the outcome.. witness the death of O'Neill at Rosnaree or George Ramsay at Killiecrankie.
If it is a club night and the game is a hypothetical encounter or similar, agree beforehand whether replacements are allowed. If they are the should arrive immediately and would normally come from inside the brigade... a senior field officer perhaps or one of the regimental colonels. They should only appear AFTER the tests for loss of brigadier.

Hope this answers the question Tony
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
amxgill

Post by amxgill » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks Barry. We had allowed replacement Brigadiers, but toyed with the idea of introducing a d3 turns delay during which no orders could be issued to the brigade. Thanks, Tony