Quick question and clarifications

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Konstantinos Travlos

Quick question and clarifications

Post by Konstantinos Travlos » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 am

Hi

Thanks for these great rules, we played a fast game and some questions rose. I looked at the addendum and forum and got some answers and want to make sure I got the right ones.

1) Calvary that fails to pass the charge morale test do nothing, and do NOT ROUT as per the rulebook.

2) Infantry cannot cause casualties to cavalry in nay otehr way but shooting.

3) If cavalry fails to inflict any casualties to infantry, they continue to melee. If it fails to inflict more casualties to infantry then those inflicted on it in stand and fight then it loses and retires.

But I still have some questions:

When infantry loses a battle it retreats facing away from the enemy. What happens if the enemy (usually cavalry in our game) due to pursuit move reaches them from behind? Do they rout automatically? Or do you play the sequence as normal?

With respect
Konstantinos Travlos
A free human is insufferably alone, inaudible, incomprehensible and joyously or depressingly mad.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:43 am

Konstantinos,

again sorry missed this on holiday... :oops:
Cavalry who fail to charge do nothing
Infantry cannot 'kill' cavalry in a melee
In melee cavalry basically have 3 rounds to break infantry. This could be through morale depletion OR through a series of push backs. If after three turns the infantry have :
SUFFERED NO LOSSES or
PASSED ALL TESTS or
NOT BEEN PUSHED BACK ENOUGH TO BREAK THEM

they survive and the cavalry pull back 4 inches to reform(and probaly get shot to pieces by any other infantry or guns nearby!

When infantry RETREAT it is always facing away from the enemy(backs to the enemy). If cavalry contact them they double the number of dice to kill.
Infantry would rarely survie long in such a situation.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford