BLB2 v7 Table Top Teaser 3

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
flick40
Major General
Major General

BLB2 v7 Table Top Teaser 3

Post by flick40 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:04 am

We played a game today, C Grants Table top Tease 3 Advance Guard engagement. While getting the game ready I was looking to name the river and village. After looking at a map of the battle of Neerwinden I decided to give the game a small historical twist. The river the Little Gheet and the village Oberwinden. Seemed a plausible situation that would take place a day or so before the actual battle.

I played the allies and Gavin the French. Right off the bat it didn't look good for the French as he rolled a plodder for his general and I inspirational. It went downhill from there. Historically the French had their way with the allies at this battle, but not today.

The cavalry played no part in this fight other than as a support role by the allies and cannon fodder by the French. Blame the commanders and terrain.

We found this newest and possibly final version of Barrys rules very smooth. We flew through the first 7 or 8 turns and the last 8 were played nearly as quick. All pictures with cell phone so sorry for quality and pay no heed to flags, we just threw them randomly on the units.

About turn 5ish the allies are fairly certain they have secured Oberwinden and push thru the woods for the bridge. The French off to a slow start have yet to gain much ground on their main objective, the bridge.

The French horse on the left, even with their brigadier attached, could not find the courage to charge anything. They found themselves quickly being shot to pieces by the approaching foot. They eventually retreated and due to poor command allowance sat idle the rest of the game.

Aside from the allied grenadiers chasing off the French grenadier battalion this is about the final positions of the forces. The allies reinforcements also arrived and were mainly in a support role ready to chase off the retreating French.

As the game came to a close the unorganized and confused French decided the day was not going to be theirs. With no reinforcements, their cavalry in tatters and the grenadiers in flight it was over.

joe