Newbie needing help with various army issues

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
sdennan

Newbie needing help with various army issues

Post by sdennan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

Hi All

New to BLB and really interested in gaming Monmouth's rebellion, the Glorious Rebellion and the Jacobite risings of that period.

I have some questions I hope the collective minds may be able to assist me with.

1. How does one base Jacobite Scots? Guys with Muskets and guys without would be in the same unit so would a solution be to have 3 bases but fire as 2? Or 2 bases and fire as one? Or?

2. Scythemen. At present I have Monmouth's "regiments" with muskets and pike. How would I incorporate Scythemen? Separate units of 2 bases?

Of course, any advice on this sub period would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

P.s. anyone in Auckland?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 am

Welcome Simon :D

Jacobite Scots Highlanders are treated as Tribal Infantry. Base them 4 or 5 models to a base, units 2-3 bases in size. Spread your 'SHOOTERS' across all bases. Their fire capability is limited and defined withi the rules both 1st & 2nd Editions. They move faster, charge further and fight better but are usually RAW.

Scythemen... a little debate around whether such distinct units actually existed but if you want to use them I would also base them as Tribal infantry but not moving faster than ordinary Foot. No fire capability, RAW and getting the Tribal infantry combat bonuses.

Many people think the 'Scythemen' were just poorly armed recruits amongst the Foot units and not distinct troop types but they look nice on the table so why not!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford