comparing figures LoA ranges

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
janbruinen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

comparing figures LoA ranges

Post by janbruinen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 am

As I have seen the figure comparison on this site (in Gallery) and also in the new WSS magazine (1688 edititon) I am at a loss how big the new range will be.
My dixons and Foundry have the same height, in the pictures it seems that Dixons is bigger, probably a newer range of figures. My Reiver figures are much bigger than Foundry/Dixons (almost Front Rank height); in the pictures they seem smaller; maybe a crouching Reiver figure is portrayed??
So, the question, with what can the new figures be compared?

greetings
Jan
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Very subjective question to answer accurately Jan. The anatomy of the various manufacturers is very different. The nearest I can compare the new range to in anatomical proportion is either Copplestone designed Dixons or Perry style.
The do not have the slightly 'dwarfish' proportions of early Perry-Foundry range nor the 'mass' of Reiver. They are clearly not as tall as FR.

I know this does not help but I am mixing units of the new figures with my existing collection which is mainly Foundry and Dixon with Reiver in newer units.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Forlorn Hope
Private
Private

Post by Forlorn Hope » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 am

Reference the figures shown in the latest WSS 1688 Special. I've just got my copy and would like to point out that the Reiver figures in the comparison article were not Reiver figures.

In fact, the comparison photos do very poor justice to the actual Reiver figures (see the Dutch Guard photos in Barry's article). In my opinion the Reiver models "compare" to Front Rank's in terms of size.

I know the owners of Reiver Castings and they have confirmed the error and will be contacting the publishers for, I suspect, a frank and full discussion (without coffee).

Regards
Tom