Defence Against Horse BLB2

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
nytullett23
Private
Private

Defence Against Horse BLB2

Post by nytullett23 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Barry,
The dah rule seems to work very well when a unit is being charged, but is there anything to stop it being formed in advance using a form. i.e. Preparing in advance of a possible charge on the unit. I note the unit in this formation of course can't move and has reduced fire power.

Had a Jacobite v Williamite game at the weekend trying out the rules and played using the most of the Jacobite foot rated as raw and only firing with 2 bases to reflect the shortage of working firearms.

Does anyone have any more thoughts on the Jacobite's under BLB2
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: Defence Against Horse BLB2

Post by flick40 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 pm

is there anything to stop it being formed in advance using a form
Defense against Horse can only be undertaken in response to being charged by them. You would be unable to voluntarily assume this formation using a Form order.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Very much seen as a defensive manoeuvre Nigel. Probably not good to be in it under any other circs.

Re: Jacobite Foot I would generally agree with the assessment on RAW but don't be too keen to make their opponents much better. I would probably rate the Danes and Dutch as DRILLED, some English such as the Guards perhaps as ELITE but maybe even DRILLED. Many English and most Williamite Irish as RAW with these perhaps also being poorly armed. With the Jacobite cavalry rated as BLADE and most of the Williamite as BULLET you should have a game on your hands. Of course the Dutch Guard could be rated at GUARD as it is all relative. Generally making both armies brittle will produce an unpredictable game.

I have occasionally wondered about putting a Raw regiment composed entirely of pikemen on the table and writing a little rule for that... could be quite fun 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:45 am

barr7430 wrote: I have occasionally wondered about putting a Raw regiment composed entirely of pikemen on the table and writing a little rule for that... could be quite fun 8)
Probably fun for him as he would give them to me to command :twisted:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 am

Yes, I was looking for a victi.. er guinea pig :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford