Recieved my copy of BLB2 today!

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
veryangrytoad

Recieved my copy of BLB2 today!

Post by veryangrytoad » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello

just to say that i recieved my copy through the post today and it was well worth the wait! Brilliantly put together with a step by step battle report...felt sorry for the poor dutch...who was commanding them!!! I dont even have to research any uniforms for the nine years war as its all in there. i thought BLB 1 was good, but this really is on a par imho with anything games workshop can come up with. BLB 1 was really such a fun set of rules to play but just glancing through 2 it it looks as if our games are about to become even more interesting.

thanks for a top notch product (seven years war.please!!!!) :wink: hint hint !

Toad :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recieved my copy of BLB2 today!

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am

Praise indeed Mr Toad and thank you very much for it. Mr Harrison and I are very appreciative of such feedback :D

On the subject of SYW... not my period, colourful nonetheless and so a suggestion.... If you like the mechanics of BLB using it for the SYW should not actually be a problem for the following reasons:

1. Warfare style is somewhat similar to WSS for which BLB is written.
2. Treat the Prussians as Swedes and use the Swedish amendments from the GNW section.
3. There are rules for irregular cavalry (Eastern Wars section) which can cover Croats and Hussars (both of which did appear in the earlier period anyway)
4. There are rules for Cuirassiers.
5. Forget the pike modifiers

I have played a few SYW games(not with BLB I hasten to add) and actually did not really detect much (if any) differences in the general flow of the battles.
Someone on this forum described the SYW as the WSS with more lace!

Helpful Mr Toad???

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
veryangrytoad

Re: Recieved my copy of BLB2 today!

Post by veryangrytoad » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello Barry

Yes very helpful! just thinking about the events section, i would still like to use them for SYW as the events were a large reason I enjoyed BLB 1 so much. Problem in my brain (which always works to overcomplicate things!) would events apply to the prussians or should they be treated as so proffesional that events dont happen/apply to them.....would Fred have any bumpkins in his army!!! I can see it being very in character for the French high command at Rossbach and any army cumberland commanded though! Interested to see what you think about that Barry, Also Im guessing that everbody would use platoon fire?
Barry any links to the League of Augsburgs sedgemoor game on the net? I havnt been able to find anything...in fact any pictures of any grand alliance/great northern war games/units would be fantastic as i have over the years compiled a folder on my pc with every LoA i could get my hands on...(my wife found it on the pc once and showed the kids!!) I hav'nt lived it down!

Maybe You and clarence could go to town on victory without quarter (think what events you could both conjure up for that period...witchs and puritan ranters!) and release that in the same format as BLB2...ill pre-order now!
Thanks again

Toad