New Trainee BLB Gamer seeking reassurance

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: New Trainee BLB Gamer seeking reassurance

Post by obriendavid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

barr7430 wrote: Frankly, I have nothing but contempt for rules lawyers so empathise with your fears. I wrote the rules expressly with rules lawyer stymying in mind!
I have the same feelings, I would rather not bother having a game than spend it arguing with some w****r who argues every point just to gain an advantage and win the game. Some of my best victories have been ruined by rules lawyers yet some of my best games which have been utter disasters for me have been fantastic due to the attitude of all players involved.
Cheers
Dave
blindjack
Corporal
Corporal

Re: New Trainee BLB Gamer seeking reassurance

Post by blindjack » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks Barry for explaining your thought processes behind the rules. It's nice to have such an insight, and it adds to the appreciation I've been building for the subtlety of the mechanisms. We'll give them a go - perhaps it might be an excuse to produce little pretty markers to represent the different reasons for morale checks.... who am I kidding, it takes me 2 to 3 years to get one army painted :lol:

As for those rules lawyers... well we shall always have them. A friend of mine sometimes takes less legalistic approaches to his gaming, and has even been caught moving an entire hill forward with his troops on it. We had to laugh!!!

Another friend, who umpires most of our games, now threatens dice roll penalties if players argue too much.