Multi squadron units

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Multi squadron units

Post by Gunfreak » Wed May 28, 2014 8:27 pm

The basic unit is a squadron of 6, but in sevral OOBs they are part a regiment of usualy 2 squadrons some times more.

My question is not about gameplay but look

Should each squadron have a full command(so officer, trumpeter and standard barer?

Or should only one of the squadrons be that showy? and the second squadron only have say an officer and 5 regular troopers?

I feel that if all squadrons have 3 command, it might be to much.

I think I will like the look of having a big regiment were granted 3 squadrons are there, but it's clear they are all part of the same regiment, and not just 3 small units?

On the other hand, it might make it less obvious were one squadron starts and the other ends, and so makes it harder to keep track of everything.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Multi squadron units

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Gunny,

Of course you can do it as your eye pleases you.
Historical each "Company" or Half-Squadron had its flag.
In case of my Saxons they had 1 Leib Colour and 11 Ordinaer or colored flags
But this would give indeed a terrible sight so I decided to do only the Leib-Flag/white field and one Ordinaer-Flag/colored field even as they had 12 companies which formed up into six Squadrons of 3 Figures or 3 BLB Squadrons or historical in 2 Squadrons of six companies each showing two flags.

For my Austrians I do it in a similiar way:

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.