Question about "Shaken" ?

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Brett

Question about "Shaken" ?

Post by Brett » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:34 am

Hi all

I'm running a War of the Spanish Succession campaign using BTLB second edition and I have a question please.

If a unit is shaken, then it takes subsequent morale checks that produce a shaken result, does the unit remain shaken or should a worse effect be the result?

We had a situation where a battalion was shot up by artillery several turns in a row and it kept getting a shaken result, but this didn't seem right, so maybe we have missed something.

Thank you.

Brett
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: Question about "Shaken" ?

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:43 am

Hi Brett.
You are not missing anything. Look on it as the officers and sergeants trying to bash everyone into shape, the unit responding but not quite getting there. The unit remains shaken until it rallies or retreats/ breaks.
Jim
Justin Penwith
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Justin Penwith » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:17 pm

You can recover from Shaken automatically following a turn without taking casualties.

In your cited case, this would not apply. However, were the target unit to get a result of "Carry On" during a morale test, although already shaken, they would recover and lose the shaken status.
I am a wargamer; I wargame. I paint wargaming miniatures and, every so often, I blog about it at : http://royalistroundhead.blogspot.com/
Brett

Post by Brett » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks guys that's very helpful.

Cheers

Brett
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 am

Yup! what the Lads said!

And.. good idea to keep bashing a SHAKEN unit with fire and artillery... that is the gamble with that particular morale state.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford