Multiplayer Command and Control Questions

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Multiplayer Command and Control Questions

Post by Mulciber » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:15 am

I'm putting together forces for battles set in the Irish campaign and aiming to have around three foot and four cavalry brigades per side. The objective is to be able to put on multi-player games with players commanding as C-in-C and as Brigadiers.

Having read through BLB several times I still have a couple of questions, mainly in relation to multiplayer command and control.

1) Would the C-in-C roll for the number of orders available then distribute them between his side's players either evenly or at his discretion then to do as they see fit?

Example a) C-in-C Pete rolls, has 9 orders available so keeps three for himself and dishes 3 each to John and Mike his subordinate brigadiers.

Example b) C-in-C Pete has 9 orders available and keeps 6 for his command, gives John 3 and Mike goes without this turn as Pete decides his brigades aren't under any pressure to act.

Or

2) Does each player roll for the number of orders for their command?

Sorry if I'm missing the bleedin' obvious somewhere.

Cheers,

Toby
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: Multiplayer Command and Control Questions

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 am

In a multiplayer game we have the C in C roll and distribute the command. I like this way to cause the maximum amount of embuggeration, eh command and control representation !. :wink:
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Mulciber » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks, that's what I was minded towards, though I also like the idea of brigadiers occasionally buggering things up on their own account.

As a subsidiary question - are "Bluff" Orders able to be issued in addition to or as part of the order allocation?

Toby
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:50 am

When we did our Aughrim refight I suggested to Barry that instead of counting up all the battalions, squadron and guns to work out command why not just count the number of brigades and ignore the guns.
We then diced as normal to see what percentage of brigades could move, worked fine for us.
Cheers
Dave
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Mulciber » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:59 am

Thanks, Dave, sounds a good idea.
jezamonos
Captain
Captain

Post by jezamonos » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:03 am

I like the idea of the C-in-C dishing out orders as they see fit but I'd place a minimum of 1 per brigade. That way it represents that the c-in-c has given orders to the brigade (maybe do nothing) but they have potentially been mis-interpreted when received.
Owner - Default Models
http://defaultmodels.blogspot.com/