15mm RTE

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

15mm RTE

Post by valleyboy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 am

what? Yes I did stick my head above the parapet and say 15mm :oops:

Barry I'm working my way through the rules hopefully with a game in mind for Monday - I'd intended to convert all movement and firing ranges etc from inches to cms. However thereare some areas where you actually mention mms - like page 59- "a gap of 50mm or greater is required between bodies of troops in order for units to fire through at a target beyond" and page 20 with respect to artillery basing - "Behind this space a further 200mm minimum space should be filled with limber caissons or similar"

I think I'll just halve those measurements unless anyone has a better suggestion :?:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 am

Valleyboy,

sorry for the British measurement schizophrenia :oops: ... governed in metric brought up and educated in imperial..

Halving is good enough in this cause. . common sense transcends measurement scales :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
valleyboy
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by valleyboy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Same here
I'm Welsh, moved to NZ 10 years ago
I'll halve the dead ground or artillery battery footprint 8)
flintlocque

Post by flintlocque » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 pm

We play R2E in 15mm and just converted the measurements straight to cm's this seems to work fine for us.