Another (thicko) question - cavalry in line

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Captain Chook
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Another (thicko) question - cavalry in line

Post by Captain Chook » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 pm

The rules comment that line is slower to maneouvre, but the charts show cavalry wheeling is at full movement for cavalry in line and half in other formations. This is the opposite to the chart for infantry.
Is this right or a typo?
Captain Chook
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Captain Chook » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Oh, and on page 54 it states a line of cavalry may be "up to two squadrons from the same regiment". I presume this is meant to be "at least" or do the other squadrons form a second line?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to get things right for the big game on Sunday.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 pm

First: Yes indeed that is a blooper! I don't know how we let that one through as I have just checked the draft texts in in there it is correct. It has obviously happened in the transfer to 'format' and Clarence and I have both missed it in the proof reads :oops: Half rate for Line wheeling, full rate otherwise.

On your other question... two squadrons MAX wide. Look under the definitions for line formation, it explains it there. Additional squadrons form up behind the first two if you have chsoen to make it two wide..

Wait till CH sees our missed correction :oops:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 am