Shevardino Redoubt

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:11 pm

We may need a bigger table for our Borodino game in 2012 with all of teh figures on the paint table between us!

I am working on Uvarov's I Cavalry Corps and will have the Uhlans of the Guard, Hussars of the Guard, Dragoons of the Guard and Emperors Cuirassiers completed for then to add to my collection. I'm only working on 2 x 6 man squadrons for each regiment just now plus some new Russian Horse artillery. That will give me 8 squadrons and 4 guns c/w the actual OB which was 28 squadrons and 12 guns.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 pm

That will make a nice addition to an already large collection Peter and after their stunning performance in our 1814 campaign I can see why you would want to paint them. I want to get my 23rd Divison painted up first before I start on the cavalry but knowing me I'll probably get distracted and start a few.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:13 pm

you'll have to count my Russians and DI's in too... by then that'll probably be another 20 battlaions!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 am

Is anyone doing the Saxon cavalry?
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 am

Does anyone make figures for the Saxon Cuirassiers?

The other question is does anyone from our group have Italians for Eugenes Corps?

Cheers
Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

sharnydubs wrote:Is anyone doing the Saxon cavalry?
Peter,Dave
Do You ask for persons like me or just companies like Connoisseur/Bicorne?

The Saxons are only a few old Peter Gilder Figures, large in size and for their age nicely done IMO. The missing of trumpeters and colorbearers are easely overcome by small conversions. The Range includes Zastrow and Garde du Corps.
Or you wait a year or less until Peter F. bring them forward to supplement his growing CALPE-Saxon range. Only that the most famous troops of Saxony seems not to be in Calpes Range.:cry:

Hope that helps

Günter
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

I had been hoping that Calpe would have had their casting problems sorted by now and been able to progress with the Saxon cavalry. Unless anyone knows differently this looks like it could still be some time off.

Foundry have an early 1806 Napoleonic Saxon range and Elite have a range which they identify as 1800-1809. Neither seems to me to be appropriate for Borodino. It may probably be easier converting other figures to the famous Zastrow Cuirassiers. They payed such a crucial part at Borodino that we should have them represented in our forces.
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:54 pm

sharnydubs wrote: It may probably be easier converting other figures to the famous Zastrow Cuirassiers. They payed such a crucial part at Borodino that we should have them represented in our forces.
Well done for volunteering Peter :lol:

And thanks for the info Gunter.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

I do seem to have volunteered. Even though painting yellow coats is one of my least favoured parts of the hobby.

I've emailed Calpe for an update on their Saxon cavalry release so will let you all know when / if I get a reply.
Peter

sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 am

Peter Fitzgerald wrote back to me today re my enquiry on Saxon cavalry releases

Unfortunately the machine problems which plagued me of the last two years have knocked my release schedule for six. Although I have now resolved these, I can’t see myself releasing any more Saxons for at least a year as I have a lot of catching up to do. I would like to point out that the Saxon heavies were not generally brigaded with the Saxon forces and will therefore be the last figures to be released. The hussars and the Uhlans will be the first Saxon cavalry to see the light.

Shame but it looks like he will not have Saxon cuirassiers ready in time for our Borodino refight.

Peter
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Peter, just get your craving knive and green stuff out, you've got until september 2012 until we need them so no excuses. :lol:

Cheers
Dave