More battles!!!

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Juan Mancheño
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

More battles!!!

Post by Juan Mancheño » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Hello.
The more I read the rulebook, the more I like it. The artillery rules are great, and also, by example, that of the "opportunity counterattack". Very good work.
Sadly, in my local Club they don´t like to paint and collect big units so it is a job only for me (at the moment, I´m sure).

So... Is it possible to see more battle reports of your games? Have you plans for an scenarios book?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Juan, I'm amazed your not out celebrating but if you are looking for more battle reports you can read some of the accounts of our Waterloo weekend on this link http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/warches ... tall&id=36
These only take you half way through the battle so far but Barry is hoping to finish this when he is on holiday.

Cheers
Dave
Juan Mancheño
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Juan Mancheño » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 am

Thank you, Dave,
I have read the accounts with great interest (I think this is the best way to understand the rules, if you are not in the middle of the game), and I´m expecting the second part, to see what happened. I have put myself, as an objetive, the Pierrepont Farm game, perhaps reducing the forces (and I would like to know "the last two turns" of your game!!!).

Cheers
Juan
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 am

Ha ha Juan!

That was the whole idea... for YOU to finish the game and work out what happened!

You could do Pierrepont with smaller forces:

Reduce the FRENCH to 6 battalions. Limit the reinforcement of the allies to a couple of infantry battalions and Maybe a cavalry regiment later OR
same number of units but reduce the size of each.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford