Spreading the word

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
toggy
Major General
Major General

Spreading the word

Post by toggy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Enjoyed a great game with the boys from Quorn wargames club yesterday, it was very much based on Barry's first weekender scenario, D'Erlons assault at Waterloo.

Extremely well organised by Simon Breen, with around 3,000 figures it was a biggy, and we managed to get a result in the last turn as the French poured over the hedges and the Hanoverians headed back to the fatherland, as the British looked on in amazement.

Seven or eight newcomers to the rules and all seemed to have a good response to them, so hope to do another one soon.

Bob
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Sounds good Bob, did you and Simon take them through the rules and did anyone take any pics?
Cheers
Dave
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Dave

I now know how you & Barry feel, questions coming from all sides, but I don't think Simon or myself made too many mistakes.

Most of the guys seemed to have understood the reasoning behind a lot of the rules, such as the depth of artillery park & exploitation was a favourite with the French players not surprisingly.

I have just e-mailed Simon as I know some photos were taken so may get some up later in the week.

See you at Whitburn.

Bob
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Sounds great Bob. Would really love to know more about these kind of games where other users of the rules are finding their way guided by the 'wise' Simon and yourself 8)

Cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford