2O/21 AUGUST 2011 R2E WEEKENDER LUNDIN LINKS

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
andyboy

Re: 2O/21 AUGUST 2011 R2E WEEKENDER LUNDIN LINKS

Post by andyboy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi to all. Just back from my holiday, and only just registered with the site.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in the weekend. As the FNG I was warmly welcomed and made to feel a part of the gang, I appreciated that. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience; the terrain was spectacular, the figures were beautiful, the scenario was very interesting- see-sawing back and forth, the company was boisterously good, the organisation was splendid, the hotel and food (too much drink!!!) were excellent, and the guidance from the experienced players was well received.

The photos have turned out really well, thanks for that Barry.

A message for Bill P; the rough handling was fine, you carried it out with dignity and plenty of verbal regret (sorry about this Andy!!), and I learned a lot about the game mechanics as a result.

Thanks very much to you all.

Andy. :mrgreen: :lol:
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Andy

Glad you enjoyed your 1st experience of Ludkins, I can definitely say the feeling was mutual, really enjoyed your company.Hope you can make another one in the future and make sure you bring your camera, some outstanding shots and not all of them posted up by Barry yet.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Andy,

Just want to echo what Bob said and hope to see you at another of the weekenders for more scotch with a side order of game playing :D

Bill
andyboy

Post by andyboy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks guys. I will do my best to be at the next one, maybe even learn the rules before hand!!

Andy.