Deployment

Feedback and questions from the magnificent 7 Play test groups in Edinburgh, Dumfries, Sweden, Cheltenham, Arizona, Georgia and Florida.
Phil69
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Deployment

Post by Phil69 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Gents

Have to say am very new to blb and just acquired my fist few 28mm figs to get going on and the question is if the new set will have rules on deployment I.e will the Eng under Churchill be able to attack the fre whilst they are still trying to sort themselves out?

As said am very new to blb and apologies if that is in the first edition.

Regards

Phil
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't recall deployment zones being addressed in either version of the rules. In almost all of the games I have played the deployment was scenario driven. I suppose you could follow the unwritten norm and allow 12" inches in from the table edges as your deployment zone.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Sorry chaps.. had to pop out to Dubai for a couple of days unexpected so not near my files but I am sure that we have included a 'deployment' guide in the game set up section of BLB2... Joe isn't in the draft I sent?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 am

Found it under pick-up games:

*choose table size 8'x6', 6'x4' etc
*chose theater of ops
*Lay out terrain
*Roll for side
*Deploy armies; Make sure no brigade is closer than 18" of center line, place brigades alternately, place commanders

So you have the whole length of the board to set up on less the 18" of the center line.

Enjoy,
Joe