Thank you from Barry

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you from Barry

Post by barr7430 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:10 am

Dear Forum Members, Friends, Customers, Browsers, Lurkers

I just wanted to say thank you for supporting this site, the forum, Warfare Miniatures, Wordtwister Publishing and the LoA gaming weekends. I don't get nearly enough time to dedicate to the hobby as I'd like but the encouragement that comes through your support here and with the products, and reading the stuff in the mag and being nice to us all at shows, makes it all very worthwhile.

This has beeen a super douper year for Warfare particularly. I am really happy with the splash we've made with the range and sales have truly been strong, strong enough in fact to allow me to make continuing substantial investment in new sculpts.

2013 will be a further big year with loads of new stuff wagons, carts, siege equipment, more artillery, more cavalry, French infantry, Horse and dragoons, GNW Foot and Horse to name but some.We'll have loads more flags too not just for the core period but Clarence will pull a few rabbits out of his many hats!

We've been a bit quiet on the publications front but not idle. I think we'll manage 2-3 books in 2013.

I also want to say a big thank you to Clibinarium who is a first class sculptor, pleasure to work with and all round nice guy. Steve Shaw has produced some lovely minis for Warfare this year and is working on new stuff for 2013. I have known Steve for about 20 years and am proud to own and be able to sell some of his sculpts. Our casters Pendraken Leon, Dave and Alan are a 'can do' bunch who really get things moving and their efforts managed to get product to us at very short notice during the year.
Ade Howe Bob Talbot and Dave O'Brien have become the New Age League of Augsburg Team and are fantastic company as well as talented chappies in their own right. Bob particularly is very good at putting my feet back on the turf when I am being an eedjit. Mr Stuart Mallan is the man behind the website.

Last, but not least a big thank you to my best remote friend on the planet Mr Clarence Harrison whose creativity keeps my creativity at peak levels. He is a perfect partner for wargaming projects and his graphic/artwork is outstanding.

I know that sounded a bit like some kind of Oscar speech but it was really a way of recognizing all of the influences, supporters and contributors and mates who keep me buzzed up to do things in our wonderful hobby.

A final word... just to remember the genial and carefree spirit that was Spencer Warner. Spencer was inspired by BLB to commission a range of minis and I got in tow through my knowing him via forum, Static Games and BLB. Spence sucked me into Warfare and I became his partner before taking over the range totally in August 2011. Without his initial enthusiasm, I would never have bothered working on a figure range. I am sure he is looking down on it now and is quite content to see that it has grown into something successful and substantial. Thanks Spence... good call to bite my ear at the Tron Cafe and get me to throw my dosh on the table!!! :D A real tragedy you left us so soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone and keep those dice rolling! 8)

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Re: Thank you from Barry

Post by quindia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:30 am

Thanks for that, Barry!

I'll second Barry's thanks for all of the support. 2013 should be the most prolific year for our partnership.

Merry Christmas!
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for all the kind words Barry, you've obviously been hitting that bottle of brandy from Bob :lol:

I especially like your last comments about Spencer, it's a pity he's not with us to see how his initial creation has blossomed into such a successful venture.
Cheers
Dave
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:25 pm

As one of the 'users', albeit a fairly recent one, may I just thank you for the time and effort you've put into the Warfare range(s) and also to the established forum contributors for all their help.

It's certainly made my entry to this fascinating period almost painless... :)
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Lovely sentiments, Barry. It was Spencer who got me into BtLB and through that, meeting your goodself and the rest of the guys at the games weekends, especially Churchill, Toggy and the follically challenged Dave. A better bunch of old farts, I have never seen!

Been away for a bit again with a few health problems but hope to resume normal duties in the coming year.

Here's to the continuing success of the League.

Regards,

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
simon boulton
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by simon boulton » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Barry,
Thanks to you too for your hard work and for promoting the period. Your articles in the various magazines are always a treat to read and very inspriring. I've enjoyed painting the Warfare figures that I've purchased this year and will no doubt be obtaining some more next year too.

Merry Christmas to yourself and all the other members of the forum,
Best wishes,
Simon
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 am

May the League of Augsburg, Warfare Miniatures and Wordtwister Publishing have a great 2013.

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 am

I'm sure I will be just one of many wishing you - Barry, Clarence, David and everyone in the LoA gang a very Merry Christmas, and above all a very big thank you for everything that you put into the hobby.

Slightly disappointed Barry didn't thank The Betty Ford Clinic in his 'Oscar' speech... :D

A peaceful New Year and good health to all forum members.

Salutations
DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:37 am

DPT, don't speak too soon. I might be thanking the Betty Ford Squad after Christmas indulgence for addictions to Lead related substances :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 am

I never realised addiction to lead-based miniatures was 'treatable'... :shock:

...all those years I've suffered needlessly! :?
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:53 pm

A thanks to you Barry and Clarence as well. Merry Christmas to all and happy gaming.

Joe
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 pm

I would like to add my vote of thanks & wish all involved a very merry Christmas

:evil: Ginger
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 am

barr7430 wrote:DPT, don't speak too soon. I might be thanking the Betty Ford Squad after Christmas indulgence for addictions to Lead related substances :shock:
That is the sort of Illness I want NEVER to be cured off :D

I want to add my thanks to Barry and Clarence for putting our and their thoughts into action, also Bob and Ade for all their organization talents and great friendship.

From a foggy, and partly snow covered Austria,
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am

Wishing all forum members a merry christmas & a prosperous new year, looking forward to another great year of display games with the League.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Happy Christmas all, and here's to an excellent 2013!