AAR - French Raid (F&IW)

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

AAR - French Raid (F&IW)

Post by Redmist1122 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:50 am

I finally broke down and played something other than Beneath the Lily Banners…yup it’s been about two years since I played an F&IW game. The rules used were “This Very Ground” from Iron Ivan. Both my boys Dan & Dillon and I played this last weekend. Dillon and I were the Indians and French respectfully, and my oldest Dan, was the British. The scenario was one I made from a few other scenarios a few years back. Using the latest version of TVG, I included a point system to balance out the forces.
Since the original design of the scenario I made a few tweaks and made all the Indians, rangers and courier du bois come on the table in a random manner.
The scenario was two homesteads manned by settlers and some provincials to safeguard the transport of wagons to the fort on one end of the table. The French & Indians goal was to capture the goods and take them back to their fort on the opposite of end of the table. If it proved too difficult for the French & Indians, then an alternate victory was to torch the two homesteads and capture the white women.
The game went back and forth until it came down to a British unit from the fort as a reinforcement; was held up in a cabin and destroyed several units that were attempting to go in and melee. It was finally over when an Indian unit with torches finally showed up and torched the cabin, thus killing what was left inside. The French & Indians were the victor in capturing all three wagons, torched the two cabins and went home with the white women. I don’t think the anything went back to fort as there were no Frenchmen left, just the Indians…

Here are a few pictures of the game:

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... =slideshow
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: AAR - French Raid (F&IW)

Post by yar68 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:09 am

A great looking and bloody game, Greg!!
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Re: AAR - French Raid (F&IW)

Post by Redmist1122 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am

Ray,
Yes it was...bloody! The rule set is set-up that way...fast and bloody. We're looking at doing a siege game (Fort William Henry) or a straight up linear fight (Plains of Abraham). The siege game may be more cinematic from the movie, Last of the Mohicans...I have the main characters.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA