Rossbach Part 2

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Rossbach Part 2

Post by Adam Hayes » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 am

I have been setting up some SYW scenarios based on the real battles from the conflict. The results of these games is then used to create the following campaign movements and actions depending on how far away from the historical outcome they were. (It's kinda like a campaign but without the players messing up the strategic end of things :) ) In our Battle of Rossbach the Prussians failed to acheive the overwhelming victory of historical record. So it was my decision that another action was likely just a few days later. Our latest SYW game was this invented battle (Rossbach Part 2.) http://wargamewarrior.webs.com/apps/blo ... ach-part-2

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Rossbach Part 2

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:55 am

Loveley Pictures Adam.

Some day I gonna start SYW myself (but not now :wink: ) with a short living Saxon Army but the main stay will be the Russians and a part of Saltikovs Army at Kunersdorf. I once started this timeline with 15mm and used Essex and Old Glory Miniatures and still have several hundred of those in 100pcs Bags :roll: As guns I used Freicorps15 as they seemd to be the only ones with Russian Unicorns and Shouvalov Howitzers.

I will watch your Progress :D

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Rossbach Part 2

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks Günter. We fought a breakout from Pirna game last year to see if the Saxon army could maintain an independent identity in our alternative history campaign. Probably lucky for my painting queue that they weren't able to escape as I then would have wanted to paint up the actual battalions! :)
http://wargamewarrior.webs.com/apps/blo ... t-at-pirna