VWQ makes it into MW

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

VWQ makes it into MW

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Whilst bored out of my mind waiting for my wife to return some item of clothing I purchased MW for the first time in years, Hmm..

slightly improved format from the previous prehistoric look, still some shonky looking figures in the photos but nice surprise..

review of some show in Southampton.. Valhalla? Two blokes doing a 15mm demo game using VWQ!! Well Clarence, you are slowly but surely infiltrating the UK ECW wargames scene with your cunning rules!! :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Re: VWQ makes it into MW

Post by quindia » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 am

The invasion will now commence...
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Clarence , they are a great set of rules and Kevin and I have had many's a game using them. We (under the name of the Iron Brigade) put on an ECW display game at Claymore in early August using your rules and could easily have sold a few sets given the interest in them. We are also planning on a couple of other display games this year in Scotland so plenty of opportunity for more advertising!
Kevin has put together a cheat sheet / rules summary. We will try and take a few pictures next time.

Thanks for sharing these with the Wargames community.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:22 pm

We will see about running a game at Hurricon as well later in Sept.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 am

There have been quite a few displays over the last few years on the Scottish show circuit whats amazing is the amount of players who have come in after being disatisfied with whecw rules having 28mm figures and looking for a decent set of rules to play with them.

iain