Flip top paints

Help related to anything in the gaming world
lenin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Flip top paints

Post by lenin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Okay, probably a subject that has been addressed many times, and something that has probably produced more than a few swear words. But having almost torn off a thumb nail attempting to open a pot of Foundry paint recently, has anyone a sensible solution to stop the tops of these paint pots sticking like glue, and to open them without recourse to prizing with a thumb nail? Trouble is I very much like the Foundry paints (despite their silly postage rates), I just find the 'flip top' lids a real pain in the ....
Karim
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Flip top paints

Post by Karim » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

I bought a bunch of vajello empty dropper bottles from Maelstrom Games for £0.32 each and decanted some of my other pots into them. Stops alot of wastage especially when used with a wetpallet.

Give them a try.

Cheers
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Flip top paints

Post by EvilGinger » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:15 am

Tamyia do empty screw top pots in the same fashion of you can just use the ones which had medium in them when empty as these need little or no cleaning out I find.

As a note I loathe Vajello dropper bottles and the few I use (mostly mediums & the like) I tend to decant into Tamyia pots. I tried vajello paints years ago & thought they where rubbish though I understand they have improved a lot since I am still rather put off by past experiance.

:evil: Ginger